December 4, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

badge

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog   and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join them!
a divide
December here we come and already the days tick away here on my calendar at the bottom of my screen!

Still no need for an umbrella and lots of hosing of the vegie garden each evening. This week ants invaded my kitchen. Now I'll play nice if they stay outside, but the kitchen is mine! A few years back I endeavoured to rid myself of them with my own concoction found on You Tube. Well it didn't go down like they said it would. Readers, I had ants all over the kitchen and each day I had to sweep up dead ants all over the floor and cupboards. I even flew off to Australia and a kind friend did the last sweep up! This time no! Lesson learned. Shop bought stuff and a little plastic tray on the window sill and all gone ants in three days! No antageddon this time.

I didn't get that much reading achieved this week, what I have read though I enjoyed.  Sadly I will not get to finish all the reading challenges I set myself but that's okay, the year just went too fast!!

What I read last week:

Finished this review book.
book cover

What I am reading at present:

What a delightful book, certainly one to keep.
book cover

And still listening to The Lighthouse Keeper. It's okay but just not that "I must turn this on and listen to it all day".

Up next:

This review novella will do nicely as a Christmas read.
book cover
And then from my TBR shelf

book cover

Last Weeks Posts
November Reading Month in Review
December Book of Choice Giveaway    As always a slot for It's Monday! bloggers.
Artefacts    Rebecca Burns
a divide



23 comments:

  1. Ugh ants! Glad you took care of them quick. Will have to check out The One In A Million Boy. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The apartment we rented from July-November had a terrible ant problem. Glad you got yours under control with little fuss this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I so hate ants in the kitchen. After the last batch I banished, I started keeping way too many things in the fridge, hoping to escape them. So far, so good.

    But every now and then, I see a trail of them and grab the spray.

    I love the look of Christmas at Whisper Beach. Enjoy an ant-free week, with only good books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelly Noble book looks good. I have yet to read her books but heard that she is a good author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you conquered the ants with less trouble this time. The year did go quickly and now I am behind in posting reviews, plus I need to do November Wrap and finalize the challenges. I am eyeing new challenges for next year.
    Hear me scramble, scramble.
    Christmas at Whisper Beach has a lovely cover. Hope you have a great week. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the ants weren't such a saga this year! What pesky little guys they can be - and I agree, my house is my house! Stay out!

    I think the quality of reading can make up for quantity, even though we always seem to want both! 🙄

    Hope you have a great week this week and enjoy December!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just had a mini invasion yesterday as a matter of fact. Ugh!

    I love that you're getting to both review books and books from the shelf. I need to do that more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how Christmassy this post is! Cheers to Yuletide-themed books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH! Ants in the kitchen are the worst and so hard to get rid of; I'm glad you've had success this time! I love the cover on A Distant Heart and your Christmas read looks like fun; I need to find one for myself. Thanks so much and I hope you have a great week, Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh! I lived with bf in his flat before we bought this one, it was above a garage and ants got in and crawled up the walls upstairs. Nasty buggers, not in my bed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christmas at Whisper Beach looks good. I'm not going to get to finish some of my reading challenges either. Time just got by me. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I need to find One-in-a-Million Boy. I’m glad to see you are enjoying it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have One in a Million Boy sitting on my Kindle...and it's bee there for a year! Need to make some time for it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Uggghhh on the ants. I hate ants...were they the tiny ones?

    TERRO works for me...glad you got rid of yours.

    Nice books.....love the cover on A DISTANT HEART and CHRISTMAS AT WHISPER BEACH.

    Have a great first week of December...another month that will most likely fly by. Scary.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't be too hard on yourself about the reading challenges. I will not be completing all of the ones that I signed up for, either! Actually, I don't even know if it's feasible for me to even complete them all but it's something that I like to work towards but no biggie if I can't do them all.

    Hope you've gotten rid of the ants. They are pests! Sometimes, they get into my house too because my screen door needs replacing and the ants can get in underneath and the wasps on the top.

    Enjoy your week, and I hope you have more time for reading but it's a busy time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, the year definitely went too fast!

    Had to laugh at your antaggedon! Been there. Those little plastic thingies from the store sometimes work great and sometimes not at all - glad they worked for you and you got your kitchen back!

    Looks like a nice variety of books this week for you - enjoy them!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice post Kathryn, I'm reading Wyvern's Outlaw by Deborah Cooke :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the look of Christmas at Whisper Beach!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the looks of the HR, very nice cover-have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Isn't it lovely when ants roll in? They don't seem to realize they have the whole outside to work with, all we want are our kitchens left alone! Anyway hope you get rid of them with a minimum of fuss. :) Sounds like you have it under control.

    I did 3 challenges this year, did really good on one, not bad on another, and the third one... well we'll just leave it there

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ants! Oh my...I cherished One In A Million Boy...I loved that you did, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry you had ants. They're little pests. I learned in a summer science workshop 12 years ago that the colonies send out "old lady" ants to scout for food. My aunt used to put broken egg shells near her gate because supposedly they didn't like the smell of them. I don't know how well it worked though. I had tried natural deterrents before but they didn't work. So I bought Raid and they never came back.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hate ants! For some reason we used to have a problem with them in the master bathroom. I never understood that one. I mean a kitchen is awful but at least I understand the motivation. There is no food in a bathroom! I have One in a Million Boy on my reading list for next year so I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it and I have the Shelley Noble novella coming up. I think it's time for some Christmas reading!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...