It’s time for a brand new challenge for the New Year: 2016 Bookish Resolutions Challenge hosted by Laura @ trips down imagination road and Michelle @Because Reading.
See more by clicking on the links above.
Three of Three goals achieved.
- make headway with the J. D. Robb series so that I am almost caught up by the end of the year. At present I have completed #25, so by end of 2016 would like to be at somewhere around #38-40.
- Complete the reading challenges I have signed up for in the 2016 year.
- Read ten books by New Zealand authors. Ten books - not ten authors! Review the books I read for this.
J.D. Robb series
Kindred in Death #29
Fantasy in Death #30
Thankless in Death. #37
I'll count that as achieved. I read up to and including #37 plus the latest two.
I took part in 10 challenges, not counting this one and including the Goodreads challenge. I am on track to complete them all so that is an achieved.
Ten books by New Zealand Authors
The Italian Wedding Nicky Pellegrino
Blackpeak Vines Holly Ford
Wolfskin Juliet Marillier
Who's Afraid Maria Lewis
Under Italian Skies Nicky Pellegrino
A Drop in the Ocean Jenni Ogden
Allegiance of Honour Nalini Singh
Close to You. Kara Isaac
Archangel's Heart Nalini Singh
Tamar Deborah Challinor
Made it to ten! So Completed.
Two of Three Goals Achieved.
- take part in the April A - Z blogging challenge with my WordPress blog, Discovering Daisies. The sign up for that is 25th Jan. I also plan to have my posts prepared for the most before April.
- learn a little more html and css via Lorelle's WordPress and the links she suggests. Study something each month and make adjustments to either my WordPress or Blogger blog as appropriate.
- Visit reviews/posts linked to the reading challenges I host on Book Date blog.
I completed the A-Z challenge on my Discovering Daisies blog so goal achieved.
I learned enough from the html and css to keep me happy, and now use it when needed especially on this blog. For example I used it to set up tables in my month in review post at the end of each month.
So goal achieved.
I didn't achieve the last one for the reading challenges of visiting and commenting so not achieved.
One of three goals achieved.
- make one quilt from beginning to end - a Quatre Foil Quilt, that I already have the material for. It will only be the second quilt ever, but larger than the first one I made.
- participate in the Fitreaders challenge again and meet my goal set for weekly steps - at this point 55 000.
- Initiate some home updates e.g. painting interior - curtains - possibly kitchen too. I won't be doing the painting though, but need to see the process through.
Quilting. Well I did make the Quatre Foil quilt but went wrong in the quilting of it, might resurrect it at some point. However I did go on to make other quilts and ones that were larger that the first one I made, so I am counting the goal as achieved.
Fitreaders. Fell by the wayside, goal not achieved.
Initiate some home updates. Just the painting so counting it as a not achieved because I really should have seen to curtains, new furniture etc.
So in total six of the nine goals achieved.